Thursday 18 August 2011

Meet The Band: Sushyanth Krishnan


Alright folks, now that you know a bit about our rhythm guitarist, we’ll take you to meet the lead guitarist of Xtra Cover. Please put your hands together for Sushyanth Krishnan!

Name:
Sushyanth

The instrument you play: 
Guitar

The first time you picked up the instrument: 
In college

Are you professionally trained?:
Nope

Who are your primary influences?:
 Jimmy page, Jimmy Hendrix

With respect to your instrument, the one song that you think is brilliant:  
There are many – Little wing Jimmy Hendrix figures on top – clean guitar 

Given a chance, which national/international band would you have loved to be part of?
Led Zeppelin

What can one find you doing when not indulging in music: 
Working takes up a substantial part of that time, besides, hanging out with friends.

One totally ‘useless trivia’ kind of fact about you: 
When I was a kid – like 8-9 years old, visited a friend’s farm house.  I was the only one there in that age group, which got me pretty bored and restless. I decided to get out and for some reason started running around the place. There was a well behind the house, which I crossed a couple of times. It did cross my mind that I was capable to jumping over the well – like a long jump. And I did try it on one of my rounds and that happened to be my last round – I fell right in. Not sure how I got out. I remember clearly that when I tried the long jump, it seemed like I was in air for a while, and I knew all the time that I was going right inside the well.

Well, what can we say...with that small 'well' story, that's Sushyanth for you and he'll be taking the stage on Saturday at 64. 

0 comments: